• Preparation of Monthly TSDF transactional inputs
• Liaise with Business Finance to collate and produce Monthly Sales Invoice
• Liaise with Business Finance to collate and produce Monthly and annual Incurred cost repor
• Preparation of Monthly Consolidated Management accounts for review by Financial Controller
• Preparation of Monthly management accounts by legal entity
• Co-ordinate with the Assistant Financial Accountant and Business Finance to ensure all transactions and month end accruals etc are up to date and accurate
• Check and verify Bank reconciliations
• Preparation of group VAT returns
• Monthly Cash Forecasting
• Monitor all cash forecasts against actuals
• Prepare consolidated and corporate cash forecasts, assist with
• programme cash forecasts
• Instructions to WRAP paying agent for payments/loan repayments due
• Degree or appropriate professional qualification;
• Membership of an appropriate professional accounting body;
• Experience of statutory, financial and management accounting;
• Experience of VAT returns;
• Good Excel skills with confidence to understand and create complex spreadsheets;
• Attention to detail with ability to prepare concise summaries of information to explain movements in costs;
• Ability to work to deadlines and stand back and review own work; and
• Ability to work with others, within and outside the finance department.
Ability and evidence of being a role model of Ascent values:
Hours not days; days not weeks; and
Giving the best possible answer every time.
Listening to everyone’s views; and
Professional & supportive to all our partners and colleagues.
Total Safety: Airsafety, HSSE & Airworthiness; and
Immediate escalation of issues.
Successful candidates will need to satisfy Ministry of Defence Security requirements and may be required to complete a medical assessment.
In return, we will provide you with a generous benefits package including 25 days annual leave, a Defined Contribution Pension plan, access to a range of flexible benefits, an Employee Assistance Programme, and Private Medical Insurance
In order to discharge Ascent’s primary UKMFTS duty to the MOD to identify and avoid or mitigate conflicts of interest in conjunction with our activities as MOD’s Training Service Partner, Ascent must ensure that no employee or secondee working for Ascent is materially restricted by any conflict of interest when carrying out duties and functions on its behalf. Therefore, candidates who are currently working for or have been employed during the previous 2 years by organisations such as MOD, Babcock, Lockheed Martin or any related group entity or any organisation bidding into the UKMFTS contract should note that Ascent reserves the right to request further information in relation to that candidate’s current or previous employment history and/or take other appropriate steps to ensure Ascent’s full compliance with its primary obligation. Any concerns you have should be discussed with the Ascent HR representative prior to submitting of a Curriculum Vitae.